1. The word “Nigeria” is derived from the words “Niger” and “Area”.
2. There are more than 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria.
3. Most Nigerian men have great respect for their mothers.
4. Nigerians have a lot of pride in themselves and are always ready to let you know that.
5. The official name of the country is the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
6. Most Nigerians are religious people.
7. Most Nigerian men love women who can cook well.
8. Some Nigerians can’t stand the taste/smell of goat meat, while others would give up anything for goat meat.
9. Most Nigerian women do not cook without palm oil or ground red pepper mixed in the food they are cooking.
10. Many Nigerian parents will allow their children to marry whomever they choose as long as they meet certain criteria of religion, education, and family background.